Atheists Rule! The A symbol on this watch was designed and released to public domain by Michigan graphic artist and retired schoolteacher Diane Reed and selected by the Atheist Alliance International in 2007 as an official symbol of atheism.
"As a long-time collector of watches and a life-long science geek and skeptic, I was absolutely thrilled to discover the Cadence Watch Company and their collection of watches for us scientists and atheists. They are elegant and meaningful at the same time, allowing me to proudly wear on my wrist a classic icon of who I am and what I stand for. And I get the time as a bonus! Now is the time to come out of the closet about our beliefs, and there is no better way to do it with class than by wearing your belief on your wrist."
—Michael Shermer, publisher of Skeptic magazine, monthly columnist for Scientific American, author of The Believing Brain
- 316L Jewelers grade stainless-steel case
- 40mm diameter, 9mm thick
- Black saddle stitched leather strap with stainless steel buckle
- Water and shock resistant to 5ATM
- Japanese Miyota 2035 three-hand quartz movement
- Two-year SONY SR6268W battery
- Eco-friendly shipping: Cadence watches ship in padded envelopes and protective wrap to ensure they get to you in direct-from-factory condition. To keep your costs down and reduce packaging waste, we do not ship in a gift box unless you request one. Add one to your order here.
from "Dover Beach" by Matthew Arnold
The Sea of Faith
Was once, too, at the full, and round earth's shore
Lay like the folds of a bright girdle furled.
But now I only hear
Its melancholy, long, withdrawing roar,
Retreating, to the breath
Of the night-wind, down the vast edges drear
And naked shingles of the world.