It’s Time for Equality: Equality Watch from Cadence
The Cadence Watch Company is taking orders for its newest watch: the Equality watch. Equality is a powerful symbol and idea. Cadence Watch Co. stands proudly behind the belief that human rights should encompass all and this allows others to express that belief too.
- Equality Watches feature double dashes at the hour marks, representing equals (“=”) signs. At the twelve o’clock mark, the double dashes are oriented horizontally, making their meaning as an equals sign clear.
- Now a universally used symbol of mathematics, the equals sign was first used by Welsh mathematician Robert Recorde in 1557.
- The concepts of equality before the law and equal rights have been powerful motivators for many political and social movements. First introduced in 1923, and almost ratified as part of the U.S. Constitution in the early 1970s, the Equal Rights Amendment proposed to enshrine the concept that men and women have equal rights under the law.
- Equality and the equals signs are used by several international LGBT rights organizations, including the Human Rights Campaign (U.S.), the Gay + Lesbian Equality Network (Ireland) and the Equality Network (Scotland).
- A 2011 study by the Williams Institute that found an estimated nine million Americans identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender. That translates into almost 4% of the American adult population.
- The Equality Watch is available with blue or black watch face.
- Equality Watch Specifications:
- 316L jewelers-grade 40mm stainless-steel case
- Black saddle stitched leather strap with stainless-steel buckle
- Water- and shock-resistant to 5ATM
- Japanese Miyota 2035 three-hand quartz movement
- Watches sold exclusively online at cadencewatch.com
The Equality watches are listed at $125, a low price for a watch of these high specifications. Interested consumers can enter to win one at cadencewatch.com/equality-giveaway. Entrees will also be given a discount code to get the watch at 53% off.
Click image for high-res